Dream Come True!
"Thank you! Yes, this is a dream come true! The biggest FAQ is THANK YOU! I'm so incredibly thankful that I can do what I love to do as my full-time career for over 16 years and be able to support my family is really amazing. I'm grateful for every single show, for every person that comes to see me and supports my show, joins the mailing lists, likes a picture on Facebook, requests a song, and especially those who book me for an event. It allows me to do this for a living.... so yes, the most important FAQ is a big thank you! Here's an outline of some common questions to hopefully help you save time. Feel free to contact me anytime and continued thanks!" - Kevin
Kevin has been a full-time, fully insured, professional entertainer for the past 16 years! This is how he supports his wife Natalie and their three kids. The success of every show is important to him and he will work right with you to make sure you event is a success.
There are many benefits to having Kevin's "One-Man Band Show" over a DJ and / or a band. With Kevin, you get the benefits of both and more. Kevin has the flexibility and volume control of a DJ and all the live performance, interaction, and fun of a band. He takes up less space than a band and can perform over 1000 songs ( most bands can play about 50 -60!). He can get people "into it" much more than a DJ especially for people who don't normally like to dance. They will be more likely to be out singing-along and partying to the music. He does it all with full-volume control and takes up a lot less space than a band (also less expensive than a band about the same price as a DJ!).
If you are new to Kevin's show and you clicking around, here's a few links that will hopefully help.
email@example.com - email Kevin
(716) 472-7700 - call / text Kevin
Video of Kevin - please click here to see Kevin in action! - you can see the benefit of having a sing-along / dance / party!
Time of Setup / Breakdown of Equipment
Kevin usually needs 1 to 2 hours of set up and break up time before and after the event. The amount of time depends on a few factors - the biggest being how close can he get to the stage area for the event.
Power & Equipment
Kevin uses regular wall power, Kevin only uses one plug so please do plug anything else into that line. He needs good power as he uses a state-of -the-art high-end PA system. He needs to be within 50ft of regular wall-power outlet.
Playlists & Requests
Does Kevin take requests? Absolutely! Having requests before the date of the event helps, but Kevin often takes requests night of for all involved!
DO NOT Playlist
Can I have a DO NOT playlist? - Absolutely! Kevin is flexible if you change your mind night of as long as he has the song!
Where can I find all the types of events Kevin plays?
Click on Show Menu or on the menu above!
I'm ready to book! I don't need to read about Kevin's show, I just want to hire him - how does booking work?
It's very easy to book Kevin! It only take a few minutes and can be done all online!
1. Click here - Booking Page.
2. Click on your desired date on the Availability Checker.
3. Fill out the information and get an INSTANT, no-obligation price quote.
4. You will then receive and e-mail for the Agreement and Deposit .
5. You then would return the Agreement e-mail and the deposit, which is usually 50%, can be done on-line securely in just a few clicks!
I checked the availability checker but it says Kevin is booked. What should I do?
Kevin keeps his website up to do date. If the checker says he is booked, it is likely that I am not able to take on another show that day. However, if the timing works out, there are times when Kevin plays multiple shows in one day... please contact Kevin directly to check to see if this is possible.
Why is hiring a full-time entertainer better than a part-time?
The obvious answer is more experience. However, you may not have thought about the fact that the success of your event is the key to Kevin's career! Full-time entertainers have a lot more riding on the success of you event! A part-timer might not care as much about the out come. Many companies hire part-timers who don't have a lot of interest in the outcome. This is why there are so many DJ / band horror stories.
When you hire Kevin, you get the owner. This is how he supports his family averaging 3-5 shows per week for the past 16 years-plus! The demand for his show has increased greatly of the year mainly because he personalizes each event he does and make it his goal to make every event the best it can be. Most of his shows come from referrals from satisfied clients! Click on Testimonials for show feedback.
Can I contact Kevin anytime with questions from pre-booking, booking, time before and even day of?
YES! feel free to contact Kevin anytime by e-mail songs@kevinsmccarthy or by phone (716) 472-7700.
Once the event is booked, feel free to contact him anytime as well... he is accessible and flexible through the whole process!
PRICE? How much does Kevin charge? What does it include? Does he charge for set up and break down time? Overtime?
The price varies depending on a few factors. You can get a price immediate quote and book directly on line here. BOOK KEVIN!
Load in, set up, and break down is included in the price but not included in the actually time... the time begins and ends with the agreed time based on the amount of time. So if you want music from 6pm - 10pm, music will start at 6pm and end at 10pm. If you want music from 6pm - 10pm but need Kevin loaded in, set up, and ready for by 5pm, even though he is not starting until 6pm, the amount of time needed in the agreement then is 5pm to 10pm. There is a charge for that extra hour due to the extra time involved. The price quoted includes everything Kevin normally does for your events... specifically..
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
1. Load in & Set up
2. Breakdown & load out
3. PA (Sound system for the music)... (high-end PA- Kevin brings 3 - 4x the cost of normal DJ setup)
4. Wireless mic for announcements (if the event calls for that).
5. Continuous music for entire event - unless there is part of the agreed event time where you don't want music.
6. Live Music and DJ music throughout agreed time depending on your details.
7. Requests - he is happy to take requests from you and guests and tried to tailor the music and personalize each event he does!
8. Insurance & Associations - he is fully insured and a member in good standing with the National Association of Mobile Entertainers since 2005.
9. Lights - New Regular color LED lights and lights for stage area if needed.
10. For weddings - the meeting a few weeks prior to finalize details either in person or by phone is included the price.
11. For Weddings - personalize, online, event planning that is password-protected - 24-7 access - couples love this as way to save lots of time and allows Kevin to further personalize your event.
12. For Weddings - personalized outline of the entire night including your requests.
In General, things I normally do and have for most events is included in one price!
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
1. Travel - Additional cost depending on many factors, however there is no travel charge for shows with the 1/2 radius of Buffalo, NY and includes suburbs, Williamsville, Clarence, Orchard Park, Alden, South Buffalo, Lockport, and also includes Niagara Falls.
2. Travel to Canada - Due to the increased wait at the border, Kevin normally charges for going over the border as well as distances through the Canada.
3. Travel Cost, Availability, Lodging and Does he travel out of state? - Cost depends on number of miles, amount of time etc. Since last June, Kevin has performed in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Southern Indiana, etc.... so he does travel out of his home state...but his availability may be limited depending on many factors. Normal lodging and travel expenses usually apply - nothing fancy needed - national hotel chain is fine.
4. For Weddings - For reception prices - Ceremonies and moving equipment to different locations throughout the night are not included in the price normally.
5. For Weddings - It's rare, but if he needs to learn new songs he doesn't currently perform, there may be an extra charge due to the amount of time.
6. Light Show - Normally LED lights are included but if you want the extra light show that is an extra cost... The light show is extra LED laser lights used to enhance the dance floor or used for special events. He has found that for most weddings, normal lights is what most couples want and they don't need or want the light show (that is completely fine!)... I do offer it, however for those who do want it.
7. Extras - Over the years I have had a few situation where people needed / wanted extra things. Please let him know if there is anything special or extra you want for your event. He's happy to do all he can accommodate requests.
Does Kevin bring everything he needs? What do I have to provide?
Yes, basically everything! The only thing he needs for most events is wall power! Often, one wall plug with do it as long as nothing else is plugged into that line!
Because he does such a wide-variety of events, there are a few more specific details for each event type....
1. Weddings - Kevin needs at least a 18' by 10' area on hard, dry surface, on the edge of dance floor within 50ft of a regular wall power plug on a separate line - nothing else plugged into that line. Kevin uses high-end state-of-the-art equipment. Most venues provide a table for the music. Kevin can eat at this table - to be close to his setup & to make it easier for your seating charts, however, he is happy to sit where it works best for you. Please do not put guest tables between Kevin's setup and the dance floor. If it has to be setup this way, please plan on asking venue to move/take down tables before dancing starts. Kevin needs about 2 hours for setup and will need someone at the venue to let Kevin know where he will setup when he arrives. Kevin does not move his equipment once it is setup. If you are having any part of the wedding in another location, this may require an additional equipment and additional charge. No cart is needed in most cases for weddings. One of the main goals is to finalize as many details as possible before the wedding so you can relax more and enjoy your night!
Explain Kevin's Show!
Your Important Decision!
Music can make or break an event.
Kevin McCarthy can be the answer as he has made it his career providing music and entertainment for events with a fun, unique, professional approach to live music.
WHO IS KEVIN?
Kevin is an award-winning, full-time, professional sing, guitar player, and entertainer from Western New York. This has been his career for over 16 years. He has over 30 years experience performing all types of events! Kevin is fully insured and has been a member of the National Association of Mobile Entertainers for the last 10 years. He is one of the most sought after entertainers, not only Western New York but throughout the United Sates, having performed in 7 states since last June. He performs for huge concerts to small parties and just about everything in between. He can make any event a party and has been called the ultimate one-man band!
WHAT DOES KEVIN DO?
Kevin is an experienced and seasoned entertainer with a dynamic show! He plays acoustic guitar, has a pleasant singing voice, and uses backing tracks for a full band sound. He has an extensive catalog of songs, enjoys taking requests, and can make any event a party. One of his biggest assets is his huge variety of songs he can play. He's has a crowd pleasing show that gets everyone involved, requesting songs, singing-along, dancing, and having fun. Most of his backing tracks he has recorded in his studio with some of the top musicians in WNY and are recorded for the live setting. He sounds like a full band because his tracks are recorded by real musicians! He also has a complete, computerized DJ setup as well with a huge song selection for continuous music throughout the entire event.
WHY HIRE KEVIN INSTEAD OF A DJ OR BAND?
The main reasons - Kevin is much less expensive than a party band, has a much bigger selection than most bands (often more than 10x the songs), and has full volume control -(full bands often have to be as loud as their drummer so volume control is difficult. When asked to play quieter most bands lose their excitement and energy!) - Plus, Kevin can fit into much small spaces if space in an issue.
The advantage over a DJ is Kevin can provide both LIVE and DJ music! This combination is VERY rare - so it automatically sets your event apart and it gives him a lot of flexibility for all types of situations, events, and crowds. Kevin can easily switch back and forth from performing live to DJing for continuous music for any event. Having live music creates a much more of fun type of party vibe, singing-along, and dancing and Kevin's show can elevate any situation and create more excitement with his live performance and his ability to play a huge variety of songs! Please see below for more information on the benefits!
WHAT EVENTS DOES KEVIN DO?
You name it and Kevin has probably played it! Kevin plays bars, restaurants, private parties, festivals, country clubs, company events, company parties, company picnics, holiday parties, wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, anniversaries, churches, church events, funerals, beach clubs, colleges, high schools, middle schools, elementary schools, summer picnics, pig roasts, and many more! Just about any event where music is needed.
HUGE VARIETY! Kevin has over 1000 songs he can perform (& 1000s he can DJ in between sets!) Click here for more information on music - Kevin's Song List
What sets Kevin's live show apart is that he produces & records his own backing tracks with real musicians - with some of the top players in WNY. There are professional, dynamic players on these tracks - the best the WNY area has to offer! - Including drummers Tom Brown, Kirk Beers, Paul Campanella. Ted Reinhardt, Bassist - Jim Wynn among others! Kevin produces the tracks, records them in his studio, and also performs guitar, keyboards, and some bass on the tracks.
They are recorded with the live performance in mind and many people really like Kevin's "live" versions of the songs. At his show, Kevin plays along with these tracks...close your eyes and its a full band! Most all of Kevin's tracks are his own "live feel" version of the songs he performs. (Did you know? - Most of the top touring international acts actually use some sort of backing track at their concerts depending on many factors - so the use of backing tracks is popular on many levels of live performance).
There are many benefits to using backing tracks. One of the biggest is volume control. With full live bands, drums usually dictate the volume of the bands, since they do not have a volume control button. Playing quieter usually means less energy and a less exciting performance. With Kevin's setup, there is full volume control and this is beneficial for many different events.
Another benefit to using backing tracks is the fact that Kevin can play a much bigger variety of songs than bands. In fact, he can sound like many different bands in one night. Thanks to technology, these days musical taste are more wide-spread & diverse than ever! People have many different genres on their IPODs & computers. Being able to satisfy many different age groups & musical tastes in one show puts Kevin above other live acts.
Many other benefits of using backing tracks are listed below.
You may be interested to know that "One-Man Band" shows are growing in popularity throughout the country and Kevin takes pride in being a part of that trend!
1. Experienced Live Entertainer! - Nothing beats live entertainment for an event! With close to 30 years of experience and thousands of professional shows, Kevin is the ideal choice for any event that needs music and entertainment... (plus, a touch of Irish humor & Irish luck thrown in for good measure!)
2. Professional - Kevin is a full-time, professional entertainer (for over 15 years and counting!) and is fully insured. His coverage also covers any venue he performs at (as additional insured)...many entertainers do not have insurance! He is also a member of the National Association of Mobile Entertainers - the largest of it's kind in the USA.
3. Full-Band Sound! - He not only sings and plays guitar but he also uses his state-of-the-art backing tracks on most songs for a full-band sound!
4. Huge Song List! - He draws from his huge collection of popular music he can perform from oldies to current radio hits and many songs in between.
5. Continuous Music! - If needed, Kevin can DJ in between sets with his extensive DJ collection of over 10,000 songs for continuous, non-stop music for your entire event!
6. PA & Lights - Kevin's PA setup utilizes the State-of-the-Art Bose PA system with powered JBL & Yorkville subs and speakers. Wireless mic is also provided if needed for special announcements for your event.
7. BACK-UPS! - Because of Kevin's setup with Boes System & JBLs, he actually runs 2 complete PA systems - so if for the some reason a speaker or amp stops working, Kevin can switch to the other system on the spot. He has back-ups of just about everything with him for those rare times when something breaks or doesn't work etc. Kevin does his very best to be prepared for every event!
Most other bands or DJs do not carry back-ups so if their equipment breaks / or speakers blow - your event / party is over! Kevin makes sure this never becomes an issue.
Deciding on a DJ or a BAND???
KEVIN's SHOW is THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!
Kevin offers the live performance, interaction, & sound of a band with the flexibility & extensive song list of a DJ!
* Bands are often too loud, take up too much room, cost too much, and have a very limited song list. You'll most likely also need to hire a DJ for in between sets.
1. Volume Control - Kevin has complete volume control for the times you need it quieter to the louder rockin' points of the night and everything in between. Bands usually have one volume "LOUD"... Unfortunately live drums don't have a volume nob and depending on the room size, a full live band can be overwhelming for guests, patrons, etc...
With Kevin's PA system and setup, he can can have the full band sound without excessive noise and yet, if called for, because he recorded his tracks with full bands, he can rock like a band when needed!
2. Crowd Fun - Over the years, Kevin has developed a knack for connecting with many different types of audiences. Kevin gets them singing-along, clapping, dancing and having fun...there's nothing he enjoys more than the crowd participating and enjoying themselves!
3. Many Different Bands - When you hire a band, they sound like that specific band all night. Kevin has recorded his tracks with dozens of top musicians from the area and all over the country depending on the song. So you are getting a variety of bands all on the same night!
4. More Diverse & Flexible - Kevin plays a much bigger variety than bands and can adjust his setlist as he sees fit. He can adjust on the fly and has complete control of each song selected that is appropriate for your event, your crowd, for that exact time. Many bands are locked into the same setlist, have much less songs to choose from, and can't easily change their selections once their setlist is set.
5. Professional - While Kevin gets the party going, he takes pride in being professional at all times. No worries of the bands drummer making inappropriate advances with your mother-in-law or the bands bass player getting hammered and making a scene. With Kevin you know you are getting a class act. Kevin's experience allows him to blend in with the many different events he plays for and knows how to get the most of almost any event while always maintaining a pleasant, professional demeanor.
1. Live Entertainment - Nothing beats live entertainment for any event. DJs are a dime a dozen and most all rely on the same old "stuff" you hear every DJ play.
2. Crowd Participation - Over the years Kevin, has developed a knack for connecting with many different types of audiences. Kevin gets them singing-along, clapping, dancing and having fun...there's nothing he enjoys more than the crowd participating and enjoying themselves!
3. Personalized Setlists - Kevin will personalize you event to your tastes and your request for your guests. Some DJs won't play what you want! They think they know better... Kevin plays what you want to hear, period. If he has it he will play it, if he doesn't have it, he will do all he can to get it for your party. He will make up his sets based on what you are looking for making every single show different. Kevin uses his experience to decide which songs work when and is always thinking about what is the right song to play at that exact time.
4. Plays Music! - There is nothing worse than an obnoxious DJ who talks too much. Some established DJs forget that the party is not about them, it's for the people they were hired for. Kevin's approach is continuous music, with just enough talking and interaction as needed. People have much more fun with a relaxed party atmosphere compared to someone trying to force the vibe and force the issue.
5. Thoughtful Sets of Music - Playing the right song at the right time is key for any event and that is art form all its own. Kevin works very hard to play the right song at just the time for good flow throughout the night. He draws on his years of experience the pick the right songs, mixing in requests from the organizer and the attendees.
6. Clean Versions - He has clean radio-friendly versions of songs which many DJs don't have or don't worry about. He is prepared if your event has called for that.
Kevin is a member of the Buffalo Music Hall Of Fame - Class of 2009. He has played at many of the top events in the northeast, midwest, Florida, & the Bahamas including - Chicago's New Convention Center, Michigan 500, Cleveland Air Show, Cleveland Grand Prix, Opening Day of Detroit's Ford Field in Michigan, Livonia Spree in Michigan, Horseshoe, Saratoga, NY. opened for Dave Mason in Seven Springs, West Virginia, played before many national acts, including Coldplay & Lynyrd Skynyrd. Kevin has played throughout Florida and the Bahamas - 7 states since last June. Kevin has played public and private events for major Buffalo sports teams - Bills, Sabres, & Bisons. and many others! A few years ago Kevin opened for rock legend Rick Springfield at the University at Buffalo's football stadium.